View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any mamas interested in posting easy recipes?

Creamy Chicken Pot Soup

This is an entirely made up recipe inspired by the chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel that I was sure I could make better.
Great winter comfort food and easy too!

2 small or 1 large can cream of chicken soup
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 cup water or more for a thinner "soup"
3 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup sliced baby carrots
1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes or fresh diced
1/2 recipe of Bisquik dumplings (1 cup baking mix and 1/3 cup milk- stir until soft dough forms) you can double this depending on how many dumplings you like
fresh ground pepper to taste

Combine the soup, broth, and water in a large pan over medium- low heat and whisk until smooth. Add chicken and vegetables and increase heat. Stir together the dumplings- once the liquid is boiling drop about 1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough into pan at a time. (I use two teaspoons and sort of scoop them together and work with the dough- this way it isn't messy. Try to keep the dumplings covered with liquid- they will stay at the top but gently push them down with a spoon occasionally to keep them moist- if they rise too much they will taste like biscuits.) Reduce heat to almost low and cook 10 minutes uncovered stirring gently a few times then cover and cook another 10 minutes stirring gently every couple minutes.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote