View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
SAHMs: How much are you repsonsible for??

Okay, I already feel like some of you mamas are going to blow me out of the water, particularly you WAHMies, but I just am starting feel like I have too much on my plate.

Besides the regular house hold duties, cooking, cleaning and taking care of DS I am also responsible for paying all our bills, getting groceries, hauling all our trash and recycling, mowing our 5 acre yard and weedeating, feeding our horses and any other tasks that have to do with our home.

I've already told DH that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to mow anymore; bouncing on a mower + 4m pregnant = got to pee every 15 minutes. Plus, it literally takes me two days to complete during DS nap time.

I don't know, I'm starting to feel a little begrudgingly towards DH when he gets to come in, eat his dinner and then relax while I'm still trying to clean the kitchen, get DS ready for bed and any other task left unfinished. Yet then I feel guilty, b/c he works 11-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week; why shouldn't he get to come home and relax?

Ugh, so you think I should ask DH to help me out or am I just whining and need to suck it up?