View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
PixiesAndPrincesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SAHMs: How much are you repsonsible for??

I totally understand how you feel! I have 4 kids. 3 girls and 1 year old baby boy, I am still nursing, heavily at night. So I get very little sleep. I am also homeschooling my 3 girls, CD, make my own bread, food, dishes are my girls job, i do the laundry, clean, with help from my girls, have a business as well as a million other things. I don't mow unless my husband hasnt done it in so long it is embarrasing, but that isnt often.
I have started having to do the trash, which bugs me. And i was raised in a house where the boys always did that. And at the end of the day i am so exhausted when my husband walks in, eats and then goes up stairs to watch tv. I want to say, MY TURN! ROFL! However, I can't, becuase my husband has been working since 5:30 am and he needs his time off too! So I get where you are coming from! We as mommies are asked to do a lot. I love it when people say, oh what do you do? And I say I am a SAHM. And they look at me like i have no job. That is so comical to me. Becuase being a SAHM is not a full time job, it is a 24 hour a day, on call, with no breaks, vacations, or pay. Don't get me wrong, it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done, but it is so much more than a 9-5 job. Go to this site and plug in your numbers and see what you are worth http://swz.salary.com/momsalarywizar..._newsearch.asp
Anyway, 1 thing you might want to think about is that when you are pregnant it isnt good for you to bouncing around like that. I would as my doctor if you should even be doing the mowing. I personally wouldn't do it. But that is up to you. I also think that you should talk to your husband and tell him your feelings and get him to do the mowing if possible. Because us mama's need some time to ourselves too. And if all you have is the time when your son is asleep, but you are spending that on the lawn then you need to think about getting some time for you! Good Luck and God Bless!
PixiesAndPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote