Thread: OCD kids
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #7
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OCD kids

It is not a HUGE deal. The things she does are tolerable. I am not interested in a diagnosis or medicine, but how I can help her so she doesn't end up like Melvin Udall from As Good As It Gets.

Things she does:
~She WILL NOT eat with out a spoon or a fork. Even if it is finger food she has to have a utensil.
~We cannot call her anything buy Lil or Lilly. Not "hunny", "sweetheart", "baby" or any of those things. For awhile She refused to be called anything but Lil. When we call her something else she shouts "No, I Lil" or "No, I Lilly". When she was "stuck" on Lil we couldn't even call her Lilly. She would say, "No, I Lil".
~She has to have routine or she doesn't sleep well (I know this is common for a young'in, but it isn't as simple as it sounds)
~She needs her needs taken care of NOW or she will get herself in "trouble" by doing something she knows she isn't supposed to (like playing with the toilet plunger).

That is all I can think of at the moment and it isn't as pronounced as the pp, but I still feel something is there and would like to be educated.
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote