View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #24
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaellindsey View Post
HAHA! Thanks mama for checking the postage, I am an idiot and didn't notice the drop-down menu for "place" and I was calculating to Abu Dhabi! What a moron. It is like 50 cents more and I do live in Texas! I don't see why anyone would charge $10 extra. Riduculous!
LOL I was about to suggest that- somebody in the cloth_diapering comm did the exact same thing!

Well, I'm glad I started this thread- I had this long discussion with somebody over why I thought it was unfair to charge me postage plus cost for a 15oz item when it was cost ppd within the States. (FYI It costs $4.80 domestically for Priority because it's too heavy to go First Class. To Canada? $4.81 by First Class Int'l. Seriously. One penny difference.)

And I understand the beef about DC, but TBH, I don't think most people put it on. It's not like we live in countries where customs officials are corrupt as a rule. And if the mail goes undelivered, it will be returned to sender. And I know everybody worries about getting good feedback so they don't get banned. So to me the risk is relatively small- although I can definitely see how it would be important for pricey purchases like a bunch of NIP GMs.
nrgburst is offline   Reply With Quote