View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Mommy-Stacy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: pumping a freezer stash questions...

Dana, I think you are over thinking your freezer stash a bit I am back to work full-time and my DS is 10 weeks old. While I am at work he is drinking milk that I pumped back in August when he was only a few weeks old. He is doing great.

I think they recommend this for donated milk because the baby is usually only getting the donor milk; where as for your LO you will be breastfeeding her as well as feeding her expressed breast milk (does this make sense?)

It will take your body NO time at all to adjust to ONE pumping session a day...but if you really want to build up a freezer stash I would suggest trying to do 2-3 pumping sessions a day.

Depending on how long you will be away you'll need anywhere from 6-12 or more oz available.

You may want to do some reading on kellymom.com there is A LOT of great info for pumping and breastfeeding there.

If you have any other questions, just PM me good luck!
Stacy Active Duty Air Force Medic and LPN (soon to be IDMT!) wife to Joshua (SAHD/full-time student) Mommy to angels Kaidyns Marianne and Nathaniel David (12/08/03-12/08/03), long awaited rainbow baby
Natalie Lauralei
(05/01/07), angels AJ (1/6/08@6weeks) and Jacey Levi(7/13/08@13weeks), surprise rainbow baby Judah Michael (7/30/09) EBF/pumping exclusively CDing
my FSOT
Mommy-Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote