View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
ipumpkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good for you meal a family will eat!!!

I have been doing just this for at least 2 years. I should write a book! First of all, are you tracking every calorie you put in your mouth? That's really the trick to losing weight fast. When I log my calories, I will lose like .5 - 1 pound every day! It forces you to be accountable for all the junk you eat.

Anyway,

I LOVE the book Saving DInner by Leanne Ely. There are menus, recipes, shopping lists and most importantly, nutritional info,

check out her website

savingdinner.com

I used that for a year straight and didn't stray much, then we got a bit bored with it and I discovered the Cooking Light magazine. LOVE IT!!!
it's not as much as a no-brainer, but all of the recipes are awesome, some more complicated, some are very easy, but they all are healthy and there are tons of healthier living tips, nutritional info, etc.
check that out at
cookinglight.com

And then I have my easy stand by meals that I fall back on when I am too lazy to think about what we are going to eat...

a pork loin roast (just pop it in the oven and make your veggies)
a bunch of steamed broccoli (dipped in ranch or smothered with cheese for the kids and naughty dh's)
applesauce
and a yam (gobs of butter and cinnamon for the naughty ones)

For you, spray your yam and your broccoli with the fake butter stuff and sprinkle the yam with cinnamon YUM YUM. Pm me if you want other ideas.
ipumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote