View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
My 24 week MW appt

I saw my midwife today for my 24 week check. Everything looks great! I am measuring right on target, and the baby's heart rate was at 152. I had a pap smear, so that part was yucky, but at least it's over with now. I also had a glucose test done. I'm up 15 pounds total so far...sounds great, but I typically pack it on towards the end. Other than that, nothing special and I go back in 4 weeks. After my next visit, I'll go every 2 weeks--I can't believe I'm almost to that point!

Also, it is my goal this week to tell my sister that I'm actually seeing a midwife and planning a homebirth. My family is sooo weird about those things (I'm sure many of you can relate.) I just didn't want to deal with any of their crap, so I didn't plan on telling them at all until after the baby was born...after all, what could they say at that point? But, I never intended to lie about it, and I ended up doing that to my mom. It's getting where I have to keep lying to cover up my previous lies and I hate doing it. It's not my style, plus I shouldn't be afraid of her, kwim? So my plan is to tell my sis this week and then tell my mom in person when she visits next week. Wish me luck!