View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #13
kuppusamy
Registered Users

Re: Good for you meal a family will eat!!!

We do stir fry's a LOT! You can even use the good for you soba noodles (they are like lo mein noodles only healthier). I use reduced sodium tamari sauce, a few tablepoons. Thin it out with water or stock if you have on hand. Then, I add the juice of lemon, lime, or orange. Heck, I've even used naked margarita mix! Then, add a clove or two of garlic or ginger (either works great). Marinate the chicken, then grill the chicken on the stove. Micro your veggies. Add marinade to pan and let it boil rapidly for at least 10 minutes. Then add your veggies and cooked noodles. You can make more sauce if you want it saucier. I've doubled the sauce too.

I've also used BOCA burgers. Those veggies burgers are low fat and great tasting. For your hubby make some mexi-mayo. Use 1/2 c mayo (light even tastes good here) and 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Wa-la. Then, just heat up some frozen veggies or make more mayo for dip (you could even do 1/2 c mayo and sour cream for a better dip). Also, boca burgers come disguised as a chicken patty from your fave fastfood place.

We grill chicken when it gets to be spring time. I just serve with a green salad. You could chop a few potatoes and stick them in the oven for oven fries - just spray with PAM.

Fajitas are awesome! Just marinade your chicken or grill it naked and add rings of peppers and onions. Serve with tortillas and mexian rice. PM me for my recipe (time inclusive but super tasty - better than your fave mexican resteraunt).

Any of these go great with fresh fruit! I serve our dinners with tap water and lemon wedges. Water is essential for loosing weight
Hope I've given you some ideas!!
kuppusamy is offline   Reply With Quote