View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #128
ST13031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pediatrician criticized me for nursing *their response letter*

I did not read all the posts, but the ones I have, everyone has great points.... And yes, "Hello?" The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends at least the first 2 years of breastfeeding.... Sounds like this doc is way behind and doesn't know her stuff.... And I would personally not EVER go back to her, and find a new ped. I agree with the last comment, if this is her stance on breastfeeding, I couldn't trust anything else she consulted on either.

Further more, this makes me even more mad, because my DS has allergies to dairy proteins and soy, and I have done extension research on giving babies cow's milk, etc. And there are SO many disadvantages to introducing dairy too soon (kidney's can not process it, possible neurological problems later, etc.) Your Ped should be PRAISING you, not criticizing you for giving your baby the BEST possible nutrition!