View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #17
susnrob
Registered Users
seller

Re: Multiples moms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nique View Post
Hehe!! We have a lot in common!! I was AD Army until about 4 months into my pregnancy. They did a rapid discharge because our unit was deploying and they wanted all chapters dealt with before the regular company commanders were gone!

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is the comments that imply how much trouble they are (double trouble) or how they must keep me busy in a way that implies I would want otherwise. You all will get a laugh out of this one. This one day I'm out grocery shopping during the workday so I had to take the girls. I have them in their stroller (a SBS) and I'm pushing it with one hand, holding my shopping list in that hand, and pulling the cart behind me with the other hand, holding my pen in my mouth. I must have been stopped 20 times for everyone to comment to me about how "Twins? Oh, you MUST have your hands full." By the end of the shopping trip (which only took TWICE as long as usual) I had HAD it and actually pulled the pen out of my mouth and said to the person "What EVER gave you that impression, the fact that I have to pull the cart behind me or that I have to keep my pen in my mouth to prevent myself from mouthing off to all the rude people who won't let me just do my shopping?" I was just so mad. Shopping is pretty much the ONE time when I DO feel like I have my hands full KWIM???
You're lucky you got the rapid discharge. My commander wouldn't do the paperwork while I was pregnant so that is why I got out after they were born.

I love your story about your trip at the grocery store. I wish I was there. I feel like saying things like that all the time. That's just too funny!!!