Thread: ~$5 Meal Ideas~
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #512
CaleighAHolic
Registered Users

Re: ~$5 Meal Ideas~

This is my Lasagna Roll Ups. Double it when you make it, start the batch for dinner in the oven, make a second batch for freezing then just keep an extra jar of sauce inthe pantry for when you make the frozen batch.
Lasagna noodles ( cooked al dente..a little under done)
Canned/jar sauce
I do 1/2 lb ground turkey, and 1/2 lb turkey sausage. ( cook up together.
I dice mushrooms (1/2 lb), onions (1 med), zuchinni(1 large) and saute` in olive oil with some garlic.
then i layer it all on a noodle. a little sauce, ( i dip the noodle and wipe most of it off) some of the meat mix, the veggie mix, and some cheese ( Italian cheese shredded blend). No riccota. dh doesn't like it. then roll from the short end.
top with sauce, and a little more cheese.
then bake for 15-20 minutes.
This is a really yummy, recipe, and we find that one roll makes about one serving if you serve with rolls and a salad. on their own one adult + two roll ups.
(THIS IS THE REGULAR MAKE IT RECIPE>>)
To FREEZE it..
make the roll ups. set on a baking sheet spread out a bit. Freeze for 3-4 hours. then pop off sheet and transfer to a ziptop bag. freeze the rest of the sauce, with the rest of the turkey, veg, and cheese mixed in. take sauce out, tear open bag and place in bowl to defrost. Nuke in micro 3-4 minutes on half power. stirring. KEEP ROLL UPS FRZN. when sauce is defrosted. place a small amount of sauce in bottom of baking dish, arrange roll ups. top with sauce and lid or foil, bake 20 minutes, at 350* top with cheese, and bake uncovered 10 min more. SERVE...YUMMY and SUPER EASY.
CaleighAHolic is offline   Reply With Quote