View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #330
Michelle_M
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Circumcision is a personal choice, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion and to state facts supporting their opinion (as you have) I do have to disagree with you on one point.

Galations 5:6 does not say "Don't circumcise your children." It is talking about how people were living by the law but the law is not sufficient to cover our sins.

While I respect your position on circumcision, it REALLY bothers me when versers are taken out of context, simply to "proove" a point that someone wants to make. That context of the verse can be seen if you read it starting at vs 1 and read through verse 6.
Gal 5:1-6 KJV

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

The bigger picture, is talking about how Chris is needed for salvation and trying to follow the law is pretty much inefectual without Christ.

So again, while I respect your view on circumcision... please keep verses in context.

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote