View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you explain the grandparents' divorce and remarriage to your children?

My husband was previously married, and I worry about this too. I have a step-daughter (Hayley), and my husband's ex has remarried. All of us get along really well, and we see each other often. My kids haven't yet asked why Hayley is their sister, but has a different mom.

For now, we just call Hayley's mom and her husband "Auntie Julie and Uncle David" because they really are family to us. We are all close, as I mentioned. I guess when they start figuring it all out, we'll just tell the truth; that Daddy was married to Auntie Julie before he was married to mommy. But then they got a divorce, and now mommy and daddy are married.

I guess there's just no easy way to talk about it because divorce is no fun, and it's scary for kids. I would say that straightforwardness about it is best.

Last edited by RebekahG77; 12-16-2009 at 08:39 AM.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote