View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #32
massage mama
Registered Users

Re: Yeast Diaper Rash that won't go away? - UPDATE with Pics, is it really yeast??? Help!

My son has had diaper rash for a long time now comes and goes but I really think it is food allergy related and wetness in diaper area but he is now getting the same rash in other places like arm creases etc. So if your babe is very young it could be something you are eating. Is he spitting up at all too? I had to give up milk products at 6 weeks because he kept spitting up and would get a red bum.
I'm just a little suspicious about that because it is all around the babys anus where the poop comes out and not anywhere else. So i wouldn't worry about soaps and things like that because it would be everywhere and if it was yeast it would have spread more too. Our yeast infections never looked like that. they were more pimply and patches with satelitte spots. And the creams worked right away to rid the yeast. Yours looks more like the skin is breaking down. Try resting his bum with tummy time and holding him so he is not sitting directly on his bum. And continue with airing it out and maybe try the calendula creams. You can also make your own by buying calendula tea and steep it cool it down and put it on baby's bottom.
But that rash looks very angry so try and calm it if you can. Calendula and chamomile are calming. And try to make some changes in the diet to see if that helps.
I hate diaper rash it is so frustrating. Our had got better and now it is back. Today I am trying a aloe vera and calendula lotion I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck!
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote