View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
JenniferH97
Registered Users
seller

Re: issues with baby weight gain

I had a horrible, horrible time with shields with my son. This pregnancy I wore breast shells in the 3rd trimester to help draw out my inverted nipples. I was offered a shield for my left breast in the hospital (it is worse than my right) but declined it and Anna didn't have too much difficulty latching on. At her 2 week apt. she was exactly back to her birth weight (8 lbs. 1 oz.) and her pediatrician was extremely happy with that and also very supportive of EBFing. You still have a week + for her to gain more weight!
I don't have a pump, but I do know that you can't measure how much your LO is getting by how much you are able to pump out. Wet/dirty diapers are what counts.
I don't know if it is too late to try the shells since your LO is used to the easy-to-latch-onto shields, but it couldn't hurt. There is also a way to physically break the adhesions that are inverting your nipples. Here is an article that was helpful to me: http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com...ednipples.html

Is there a lactation consultant in your area that could help you with these issues? Good luck mama.

Personal ABC Posters by Memories Made Easy on Hyenacart
Now on Etsy
JenniferH97 is offline   Reply With Quote