View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PICTURE SIZING/COMPUTER SEIZING UP!!!! Please read, mods/admin!

I'm sorry no one has responded yet. A lot of us have been in and out for the holidays, and I was stuck in my car on icy roads for 23 hours for part of that.

The difference between signatures and between, say, FSOT posts is that signatures are usually in every single post, whereas pictures in a FSOT thread are just in that one thread (even if there may be a bunch of them and/or they are large). That is why more attention is given to signatures and those limits.

A while back, we did have an image resizer installed here on Diaper Swappers, where if someone posted a large image, it would be automatically resized and then you could click on it to see the larger image, but that one caused other vital functions of the forum to stop working, so it was removed.

If I happen to be in a thread and notice an image that's overly large (like you have to scroll horizontally to read any of the other posts), then I will change it to just a link, but I (and the other mods) don't go actively looking for large images. We don't have the manpower for that.

If you notice a post or thread that has a large image in it, you can report it to us and we can see if it needs to be edited down. If your computer freezes up and you can't report it, then you could take note of the thread number (like in this thread, the URL is http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=894659 and the thread number is that 894659 at the end) and PM it to me or another mod.
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and #5 due in November!
**I need some UK people interested in getting in on a ground-floor opportunity!**
Join my team! Get paid daily!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote