Old 12-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: issues with baby weight gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by phridae View Post
The best thing you can do is find a comfy spot on the couch, have a water bottle nearby for you, the TV remote, and NURSE NURSE NURSE. That's how you're going to build a good supply.
ITA! I had an unexpected c/s delivery and then developed an infection that delayed my milk for over a week. I had to supplement with formula once my colostrum was gone. However, when it finally came in (I had been pumping for stimulation) DS and I began nursing again and within a few weeks was able to completely eliminate the formula. I literally did the above: found a comfy spot on the sofa and let DS nurse/suckle until his heart was content whenever he wanted.

And even though the formula supplementation worked for us and we were able to wean it back out, it is very difficult to do. You sound like you are doing an awesome job and your little one seems to be getting adequate nutrition (pee/poo and alertness). I think you just need to give it more time.