View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: new years eve chat

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I have NO time to catch up and see how you all have been doing and I miss that.

We have been having a TERRIBLE time breastfeeding and it has consumed our time. He just will not latch on. He has. He can. He just wont. He is 5 days old and has already lost an ounce more than the max 10% babies should. Just to keep him healthy we had to start giving him bottles of formula. I REALLY want to be able to breastfeed this time. I don't care if he wants to BF ALL THE TIME. I could deal with the sleep deprivation and constantly being a human bottle. I just can't deal with that and STILL having him formula/bottle fed AND pumping two hours.

All he does is cry and cry and cry and push my breast away. I've spoken to LLL leaders, LC's, successful nursing mothers, my MW, etc. I keep getting the same answers "He is physically fine (i.e. he is not tongue tied, etc) you are fine (i.e. no thyroid issue, don't need a nipple shield, etc). You are doing everything right. There is nothing more that you can do, but to keep doing what you are doing."

Do you know how flipping hard that is to "nurse" for 20 min, then bottle feed, then pump? Not to mention all the prep time involved. We have used syringes and an SNS. We have to make formula too. Then when all is said and done I have to clean it all up so that it is ready to go for the next time. So it can be an hour or an hour and a half long process.

Then on top of all that I have to cuddle with him at the breast and spend skin to skin time with him so that my breasts are a comfy environment to him. So when exactly do I get to sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, pay attention to my daughter, etc?

Sorry I just realized what a long rant this has turned into, but I am just sitting here by myself about the whole thing. I want nothing more than to successfully BF this baby. I want it soooo bad. It is just not fair that it has to be so hard for no freaking reason.

Thanks for letting me vent. I have to go back to it now.