Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Eureka!!! It worked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
Congrats Mama!! My ds is 21 months and had been nursed or rocked to sleep for every nap/bedtime in hs life. Now that I am pregnant we are starting to get him ready to transition. He is bit younger but hopefully by the time he is your dd age he will be there too.

How did you start the transition. All I have is people telling me negative things about never getting him out of our bed. How old was she when you started. Thanks for giving me hope!!
Hey mama! Don't worry, you'll get there.

Well we started by side-carring my daughter's crib to our bed. We took off one side of it and attached her bed to our bed with bungee cords underneath. Then after she'd sleep in that we put the side back on and let her sleep in our room for about a week like that. then we moved the bed into her room. there was really very little protest because I always put her to sleep (didn't leave her in the room by herself to fall asleep) and I always came to her when she woke up right away. When she woke up instead of bringing her to my bed I laid on the floor with her. We had pillows and blankets on the floor just for this. Eventually we learned she hated the crib because she had never slept in one so we just moved her mattress to the floor and she slept on the mattress on the floor until last week when she got her very own Queen size bed. (we bought a king, so she got our queen). She moved into her own room at 20 months I believe. She has done really well moving into her own room. After the move happened then I night weaned her from nursing in the middle of the night. That did produce tears but I stayed with her the whole time and had cheerios and water for her. We have gone though a couple periods where she climbs in bed with us in the middle of the night but usually she doesn't come to our room until about 5 am or so. If she does wake in the night she usually just calls out for me and I lay with her until she falls back asleep. I will keep doing that now even though I am having her go to bed by herself initially and now that we have a king size bed I don't mind if she comes into our bed in the middle of the night. It was driving me crazy before because our bed seemed to small for how much she spreads out.

Don't worry, you'll find something that works for you. Just take it one step at a time and pick your battles.

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote