View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tired of Night Nursing...

i find that my patience with night nursing comes and goes. dd's still nursing a few times a night at 18 months. it's always worse when she's teething or going through any big developmental shift. so we'll usually have a rough week followed by a period when it's not so bad.

my dd can fall asleep without nursing (e.g., if daddy's walking her down), but the real key is that she has trouble relaxing enough for long enough to fall asleep. nursing helps her hold still long enough to relax.

in the middle of the night, most of the time it only takes a few minutes to fall back asleep. but what bugs me is those nights when she wants to sleep with my bb in her mouth for LONG periods of time...it just not comfy for me and i get frustrated.

no real help. most of the ap sources i've read don't really suggest night-weaning until your child is older. dr. jay gordon has a post on his site (can't remember the link sorry) about his technique.

the only thing i've found that really helps me is to go to bed earlier myself so that i make sure i get enough sleep. that helps me a lot anyway.

katie