Thread: DFW mamas
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #1022
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

your birthing center should have a hospital/ob they work with for emergencies... I am delivering with midwives at Harris Ft Worth. It's pretty easy to get to - a few blocks off I-30 - so that could be an option. My midwife group is UNT Women's Health. I know Baylor also has midwives but they don't do VBACs. The hospital will, but those midwives won't. Being in downtown FW would be very close to Cooks should you need a children's hospital.

Medical Center of Arlington has great bf support (or they did 6 years ago when DS1 was born) but they are very pro-c/s so beware of that.

good luck!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
So, I'm going to be giving birth at a Birthing Center in Arlington...but if something should happen before then and I need to go to L&D sooner.. which Hospital should I go to. I don't think Arlington Memorial has a matnerity ward.. I KNOW they don't have a pediatrics.

I live in North Arlington.

Any suggestions?
I'm not opposed to going into Dallas or Fort Worth or any of the other surrounding cities if it's not too far of a drive.

Also would like one that is as "natural birth" friendly as possible. I keep meaning to ask my Midwife for her suggestion, but I keep forgetting.

Thanks

God bless,
Michelle