View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
afruitfulvine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Help for planning "Frugal" weekly menus

I have been doing strategic coupon shopping with the help of a blog called southern savers. This blog does all the coupon/sale match-ups each week for major grocery stores here in the southern region, and even specifies which week a coupon came out in the paper (my coupon inserts are filed by date so I don't clip until I need it!) and she posts links to the printable coupons, too. I end up stockpiling and planning my meals around sales. I keep a mental list of what different meals I can make just with what I have on hand and what I might need so that when it goes on sale I remember to grab it. So my meals are determined ultimately by sales as long as I keep the basic staples on hand (oil, flour, rice, pasta, beans, broth, etc.) $40 a week feeds dh, 2 y/o son and myself.
Another system you might find useful is e-mealz, a weekly online meal planner subscription with recipes and a shopping list according to what is on sale that week. The recipes are delicious and cost about $80/week. My sis uses it and loves it for her family of four. Good luck!
afruitfulvine is offline   Reply With Quote