View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #30
Trin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What "natural" parenting choice freaked your family and friends out the most?

MY family is pretty open to everything... extended BFing seemed to bother my older sister. I am not really sure why but she was always trying to convince me I had to wean DD. it was something she would bring up often, asking if she still nursed, why I hadn't weaned her yet, why she thought it DD was too old.. blah blah blah.
DD self weaned at 2.

The inlaws... well, they think everything I do is crazy! They love that I CD (most of them anyways, I have received some weird looks), they had no idea why I would even BF DD in the first place let alone until 2, Cosleeping is another one they think is absurd... I just don't really discuss parenting with them

I did have my sister in law (17) tell me that she thought it was so awesome that DD was bf for so long and she said she wanted to be able to do the same thing one day.

Oh.. I lied. I guess my family (besides my mom and 2 of my sisters) all think that ERFing is me being overprotective and extreme... but it appears that almost every person in this town thinks that way.

Last edited by Trin; 02-04-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote