View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Users
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 15,127
My Mood:
A little late posting this but Pandora Moonlilly is here

While at lowes buying an attachment for my water hose I went to the bathroom and noticed I was spotting. I told Nick that it was time and called work to let them know I wouldn't be in the next day. I knew it would be awhile so we went to WM to get some things and to kill time. We came home and I went into super cleaning mode and swept and mopped the kitchen and did some dishes LOL Then we blew up and filled up the pool. I ate some and sat on my exercise ball because by then I was really feeling the contractions and sitting there made me feel more comfortable. My best friend arrived and we hung out and waited until I wanted to get in the tub. We lit the candles, put on the music and Nick and I stripped down and got in the tub. My BF took lots of pictures :P I labored in the pool for about an hour before I felt the urge to push. I pushed gently with each contraction. I was on my knees and I was hugging Nick who was sitting right in front of me. The baby came out and I pulled her out of the water. She instantly started crying and I put her to my breast and was so happy to see I had given birth to a girl (I thought I would, just had that feeling but I was still on the green team) I sat in the tub until the cord stopped pulsing then we cut it. Nick took the baby while I got in the shower, there I delivered the placenta and my BF took it and put it in the fridge. I sat on the couch and nursed the baby while they took care of emptying and cleaning out the birth tub.

I couldn't have asked for a better first home birth. It was soooooo much better than being in a hospital. Most of my family were nay sayers so I made sure to call everyone to let them know that everything went smoothly and that I had a girl. The whole thing was less than 4 hours which I thought would be the case since the other 2 came so fast. She couldn't have come at a better time, some stuff had changed at work and we were getting new staff and clients and I really wasn't looking forward to dealing with the change that was going to start the next day LOL Also when she came the weather had went up from being in the teens to the 50's and 60's.

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 11-30-2012 at 10:07 PM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote