View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #123
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What "natural" parenting choice freaked your family and friends out the most?

Everyone was pretty much accepting of our choice to cosleep, cloth diaper, exclusive & extended breastfeeding etc. The only thing they have a problem understanding are our food choices. I'm a big fan of organic, natural, raw etc, no HFCS, no cokes/soda/pop, no juice, no cow's milk, NO fast foods. Actually I think they understand my reasoning, they're just lazy about it. Its like its just too hard to put a little effort into making something for them to eat They're all used to "lets go to McDonalds" or pizza, Denny's, IHOP, (sit down fast food etc)

The inlaws are also quick to just rush off to a Dr at any little sneeze or administer meds. They about freaked when DS2 possibly had chickenpox Back in Bolivia, they had a Dr tell my FIL's mother that his younger sister died because ...and this is exact..."the wind blew her chicken pox into her blood stream because she took the little girl outside" ummmm if you have the cp, then its in you! Its not just a rash!
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote