View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #19
Xeniphia
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Why is everyone so concerned with my kid's feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
I'm one of "those" people who think if it's too cold for me to wear socks only, it's too cold for my kid to wear socks only. Walking or not. I'm one if those crazy parents who has their 2mo wear Robeez whenever we go out because it's cool enough for shoes.
To each his own. I don't parent your kids and you don't parent mine. I never say anything because it isn't my business but it isn't that I don't have an opinion on it.
Whatever.
If you aren't doing anything else to keep the baby's feet warm while outside I'd agree. But when you're walking around a grocery store ... it's climate controlled. I personally don't put shoes on my 6 month old, and I even took him out without socks the other day ... but he was bundled right against me in the wrap and while I was walking outside in the cold he was zipped INSIDE my coat. That kid's warmer than me, so I don't worry that much about his feet. While actually outside in the cold I either have him bundled in the wrap against me or in his snowsuit or both, we don't even own shoes for the kid. And I'm kinda glad too, I can't even imagine the $$$ I would have shelled out already, the kid's wearing 12-24mo socks.
Gaming Star Wars Geek married to the love of my life. Cosleeping , Breastfeeding , Babywearing , CDing , ECing, Nonvaxing, Noncircing, BLWing, HS hopeful WAHM to my Jedi 7-2003, and my munchkin 8-2009.
Xeniphia is offline   Reply With Quote