badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Second child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaggiepie View Post
I would wait and reevaluate in about a year or so. I know that as much as I love babies, I was NOT ready for another when DD was 1 year. We waited until she was 2 1/2 to start trying, because by then she was semi-independant, was sleeping well in her own bed, was on the way to PLing, and wasn't as much of a baby anymore. I really think its important for each child to have their own baby time (my opinion as the eldest of 8 who are all spaced 1-2 years apart). While the thought of another baby might be overwhelming right now, a lot can change in a year.
I agree. If you both are uncomfortable ith the idea at this momentten you should wait. But I would not make any permanent decisions right now. Deciding to have a baby is a big decision but deciding to not ever have any more is also a ery big decision. Wait a year or two or three and rethink the question. While I can deffinately understand being overwhelmed by multiple children I can't really understand how someone might wish they NEVER had one of their kids. Maybe not so close together but NEVER?..that's pretty harsh. I know that those people exist but I couldn't imagine. I do know people who have regretted doing some sort of permanent fix. You never know how you might feel 2,3,4 or 10 years down the road.
Jesus loving wife to Chris and crunchy mama to #1 3/07, #2 3/08, #3 7/09, #4 9/11 and #5 3/14 Swagbucks My co-op
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote