Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #21
CarolinaMama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: WWYD? Second child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaggiepie View Post
I would wait and reevaluate in about a year or so. I know that as much as I love babies, I was NOT ready for another when DD was 1 year. We waited until she was 2 1/2 to start trying, because by then she was semi-independant, was sleeping well in her own bed, was on the way to PLing, and wasn't as much of a baby anymore. I really think its important for each child to have their own baby time (my opinion as the eldest of 8 who are all spaced 1-2 years apart). While the thought of another baby might be overwhelming right now, a lot can change in a year.

I totally agree. A year ago, I was sleep deprived, overwhelmed and just plain worn out. Now that my dd is 19 months, FINALLY sttn, and in general out of the baby stage, I can actually even consider having another. Although neither DH or I am there just yet.

Take your time, let DH do the same and see what happens in a year or so. If you are healthy and age is not a factor to you personally, then take as much time as you. You sound like you did not rush into your first, take the same consideration with your second.
CarolinaMama is offline   Reply With Quote