View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #43
Nattyonthehunt4CDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Wash Routine Q's :0)

Depends sometimes I don't allow my self to let 6 pile up but I try to wash once the diaper pale is full which is about 24 diapers or so on the largest water setting (XL).

I let it go through one entire long cycle with the extra rins on with just cold water nothing else.

Then once it's done I wash again with home made powdered soap (I've tried other soaps including Seventh Generation which made my diaper STINK even after I used Bio Clean on them). With the homemade detergent all I use is a tablespoon or two for a super large load. I also add some white vinegar in the "bleach" slot & if the diaper have been in the pale for 3days I might add some tea tree oil in the "fabric softner" area of the washer. I let that go for a whole cycle with the extra rinse on.

Once that's done I let it go one more time with nothing added & the extra cycle off.

Once it's done I hang the diapers on a hanging rack in my laundry room & I put the inserts in the dryer with nothing (no dryer sheets).

They come out super fluffy & nice & the diapers are left to dry & end up super white, clean, & if they smell at all then they have a slight clean smell (but not like with detergent, plus their not supposed to smell anway).

Seem like a lot but it isn't once they are in the washer all I have to do is walk in about 40minutes later & just reset, it's sort of cool because I know I have 40minutes to go do another chore.

As far as a diaper rash cream we use lil out laws but will be honest & say that as much as I heard about them it wasn't the miracle I thought/hoped it would be as a matter of fact it does nothing on it's onef or my DD who gets aweful diaper rashes & has needed
medication on her bum.

BUT when I use the lil out laws rump rub IN COMBINATION with a layer or two of corn starch (YUP the food) it works wonders.

But then so does when my mom comes over & mixes us some olive oil, water & corn starch & makes a paste out of it & puts it on her bum, next diaper change she's almost 100% better.

Although corn starch alone doesn't do it. I know that Lil Outlaws rump rumb is made with olive oil so that maybe the combination that works for us.

What I like best is using one of those PariBottles (like the ones your given after giving birth at the hospital) and mixing olive oil, water & very little tree tea oil. Spreading some of that on & then cornstarch over it works wonders for us BUT when I'm lazy & don't feel like mixining any I grab the Lil Outlaws' rump rub.

Hope that helps mama.
I'm Natty: proud follower of Jesus, Happily married for the last 9yr.s to Carlos, proud mommy to Mathias (born February11th, 2006), Lily (born February 6th, 2008) , Joaquin (born, April 27th, 2010) & Luna. (born February 17, 2012) Our fifth baby was born August 21st & passed on August 24th, she had Trisomy 13. Her due date was August 27th. Her short life is an inspiration. We're blessed to be her parents. Currently pregnant with 6Th baby & due November 27th,2014

Last edited by Nattyonthehunt4CDs; 03-09-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Nattyonthehunt4CDs is offline   Reply With Quote