Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #6
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: parents of autistic children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz_Trio
(((HUGS MOMMA))) Zachary has not been diagnonsed with autisum, but has sensory intergration dysfunction, which is on the spectrum. He's 29 1/2 months old and says one word, though is very smart in other area's. He's also starting to show more "signs" including lots of repeating things/activities over and over as well as some "hurtful" behavors that seem not to bother him at all.

Anyway, he too is in OT and Speech, has been for 8 months now, each of them come once a week then he is in a special OT play group once a week too....I feel your pain and wish you good luck, lots of prayers and (((HUGS)))

I am thinking that my Chloe will be the same way here also. She is almost 21 months and dosn't even say one word. She just started walking about a month ago. She kinda copies some of the things we do. She is completly lacking in her Communication, gross motor skills and she is only a little behind in her fine motor and personal-social skills.
She is going to start a program called Sooner Start where a ST and an OT and whoever else they say she will need, will come to the house and work with her. I am hoping she will get better with this. I try to work with her all the time and I am hopefull but I see her on the same path that my son was on at this age.
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
tatertots is offline   Reply With Quote