View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #38
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Re: How far apart are you children?

Mine are just shy of 4 1/2 years apart. IMO it's an easy gap in terms of taking care of both kids, but I think it's too far for them to have any kind of real "sibling" relationship (that and the gender issues isn't helping! ). My older sis and I are 21 months apart, and we're really close. My younger sis and I are 6 years apart (she's my step sister, but she's been in my life since she was a year old, and I've never thought of her as a "step" sister) and while we never fought or anything growing up, we didn't start to have a real relationship until she was like 14-15. Now that she's grown and expecting a baby of her own I feel like we FINALLY have something in common!

I'm still working on DH about having #3, but I'd like that one to come sooner than 30 months, if we get to have a third... past that I'm not sure I'd want to "start over" with a baby again, plus I feel like I robbed DS of having the kind of sibling relationship I got to have growing up, so the best I can do is "fix" that for DD DS absolutely loves his sister, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to be the same for him as if she was just 2 years younger, if that makes sense.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote