View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #62
ckmom07
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Opinions on how far to space kids apart...

I don't know if this makes a difference to you or not but it is a proven fact(and many speech pathologists will tell you this) that children with siblings less than 2 years older than them can have speech difficulties. I know that my girls have their own secret language that only they can understand.

There are advantages to both and disadvantages to both.

Advantages~Your kiddos are close in age so they have a built in playmate, they can share clothes(if in the right seasons) because they won't be out of style, you don't have to adjust back to the baby phase because you are still in it

Disadvantages~You are much busier and it is harder to divide your time, you don't get out of the baby phase so(for me) it was like I never got to "miss" having a baby before I had one, it can be hard on your body physically, pregnancies spaced closer together tend to have a higher risk of difficulties, they are closer in age(built in playmate) but they also have a built in fighter as well b/c alot of the times they want the exact same things since they are so close in age.

With that being said...I have a 5yr old, 3 yr old, 2 yr old and almost 1 yr old. The only thing that I would have changed about the spacing is my last baby. I wish that we would have waited until now to have her(I am wanting a baby TERRIBLY!) We will not have any more babies(I got my tubes tied~personally I recommend it to NOBODY!!!!)

Good luck in TTC! It will be perfect however it works out!

Kerri~ ing , sometimes co-sleeping, ERFing wife to Lee(6-10-06) and SAHM to my 4 favorite munchies. Carter(12-05-04) Kailey(12-21-06) Caralyn(2-25-08) and miracle Kinsingtyn(4-7-09)
ckmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote