View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gluten Free, dairy free and in a cooking rut...

I don't have a whole lot to offer, but if all you are eating is scrambled eggs and rice, then I can do a little better than that!

Chili
Tacos or nachos using corn tortillas (meat, lettuce, tomato, onion, soy sour cream, salsa)
Chicken Nuggets (make your own cutting up chicken breasts or thighs, soaking them in an egg/milk substitute mixture, then dredging them in brown rice flour seasoned with onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne).
spaghetti or other brown rice pasta with lots of veggies in your tomato sauce (or pesto too)
Ham & Bean soup
Fried Chicken (made like above) and mashed potatoes (instead of adding milk and butter, use Blue Bonnet Light-has soy, no dairy and/or Tofutti sour cream-I also always reserve a little of the potato water to use if needed too.)

I kept all of my regular quick bread and muffin recipes and substituted the milk with rice or soy milk and the wheat flour with Domata Flour. You can substitute it cup for cup and it makes wonderful baked goods.

Let me know if this helps at all, or things you particularly don't like, and I'll try to come up with other ideas.
Get craft kits from Kristin's Crafts for Kids and on FB
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote