View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Dean7698
Registered Users
seller

Re: sibling rivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
No, not all older siblings feel this way because we are all individuals. Your kids are unique in their own ways to so it is not fair to assume that your girls will feel about each other the way you two feel about each other. Let them grow their own relationship outside of what your relationship with your sister is. I have two girls similar ages as yours as they pretty much get along. There are times where there is some toy stealing and whatnot but that's what kids do. I am going to do what I can to help foster a loving relationship between the two. As for your sister's comment, it seems really overboard unless she just has a sick sense of humor all the time. You can't change how she feels about you. Be the bigger person and continue working towards a healthy relationship with her or create a healthy distance if you two really do clash on a lot of things.
ITA. I have 2 dd's that are close in age and they do have days that they fight but for the most part I think that they have a good relationship. It's not fair to say that your girls are going to feel the same way your older sister feels about you. The best you can do with your sister is try to get along with her and if you find that you can't then maybe just create some distance between you two.
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote