View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP - stains??????

Definitely try sunning---especially with lemon juice on the stains, that has always worked for me when regular sunning wouldn't.

Stripping your diapers is basically "stripping" them of any build-up. Basically build-up from laundry detergents, etc.

It seems like everyone has their own personal "recipe" for stripping dipes. I find that my diapers (I use mostly fb's as well) don't need stripping as often as my inserts do. My inserts tend to have stink issues well before I notice any problems with my diapers.

I usually strip them separately. To strip my inserts (mirco only--don't do this with hemp!) this is the routine I follow:

1. Cold water rinse, no detergent. (Always set water level to highest setting.)

2. Fill washing machine with HOT water.

3. Add Oxy clean (I use the Sun version of oxy clean) and detergent (only a small amount--again I use Sun detergent).

4. Soak inserts for 2-4 hours. (I usually do it overnight if they are bad.) Then wash through the cycle.

5. Do at least 2 hot/warm water rinses, adding lavender (or tto) to the final rinse.

6. Dry in dryer--or sun dry if you have stains that won't come out.

That's how I strip my inserts.

To strip my fb's, this is what I do.

1. Wash diapers with a couple squirts of Dawn (dishwashing liquid). Do an extra rinse.

2. Then wash a 2nd time with 1/2 c. baking soda and 1/2 c. vinegar in the rinse. Then, do a 2nd rinse with nothing in it.

3. Make sure the final rinse is clean (meaning no bubbles...). (If you have hard water, don't use baking soda and vinegar, just wash adding NOTHING until the bubbles are gone).

That's pretty much it. People strip their diapers with Dawn because it "cuts through grease", meaning it breaks apart the build-up that detergents can leave behind.

Anyway...those are the methods that work for me. Everyone kind of has their own system though...

HTH!