View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #13
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: labour?

For me, I had really bad BH contractions most of the pregnancy. Then there was this really peaceful night where I felt great and actually rested. Next morning, I was getting ready for work and had used the restroom. Well, when I stood up, I got this gush of fluid. I remember thinking "that's odd...I thought I was done peeing!" I was only 34.5 weeks and we were supposed to be moving into a new house that weekend so I had this fleeting thought "wouldn't it be funny if that was my water breaking...nah...couldn't be" and I went on getting ready for work. Then I looked around at my apartment and how much I had left to pack for the move and decided (for the first time the whole pregnancy!) to take advantage and use the pregnancy as an excuse to get out of work. I e-mailed my boss and told her that I something wierd had happened and I thought I needed to rest until time for my doctor's appointment that afternoon so I wouldn't be in. Well, what I didn't consider was that my boss was best friends with my OB and she freaked out at the thought of "losing me" that early so she called my doc. Doc called me and asked what was going on and I told her that there was no way I was in labor because I felt great and actually last night was the best night I've had in several months. She told me since the hospital was only 2 miles away, I should go on in and get checked anyway. Honestly, the only thing I remember feeling was butterflies in my stomach. When I got to the hospital, they checked me and told me that my water had broken and I was 3 cm dilated but I just kept telling them that I couldn't be in labor because I felt fine. Eventually, I started having what felt like mild menstrual cramps, but I never had contractions that I could time like you're supposed to. The fetal monitors showed that the contractions were 2 min apart and lasting 90 seconds but I was talking and laughing and feeling great. Even an hour before he was born, I was trying to convince my husband to go on back to work because nothing was going to happen. About 45 minutes before he was born, they started me on Pitocin against my will and things went downhill from there, but up till the Pit, I felt great. From the time my water broke till I was holding my baby was less than 5 hours. I'm convinced that if my water hadn't broken just the way it did, my son would have been born in a toilet at work because I just thought I was constipated!!

Good luck!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote