View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Alisa
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: No grain diet...anyone do this? EIlimination diet question

I agree with above posters RE dairy. And while your friend is right that meat and refined grains are acidic, dairy is also considered a fairly acidic food (as per the acid/alkaline theory)

My oldest brother (and many others in our family) suffered for years with terrible food sensitivites and to give you some hope, by the time he was a teenager, he outgrew most of them. Another thing to consider is the form of the food...my father is unable to tolerate a number of foods, but if he eats them when they've been grown/produced organically, they don't bother him.

If you're up for the challenge, I would definitely try changing your own diet...there's a lot of info regarding food trialing out there. That way, you can start exploring food alternatives now which will make your life way easier later on.

Good luck and try not to worry too much. Heck even have a little fun trying new things! As a child we would often ask to eat what our brother was eating, and now I'm thankful that I was exposed to so many different types of foods!
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote