View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Combine FAM/NFP with a diaphragm?? I was interested in a diaphragm, but it just isn't effective enough for our peace of mind. Sounds fairly convenient, though.

We did FAM with condoms while fertile, but had an unexpected hormone change with a supplement I was taking and got a surprise pregnancy. Now my hubby isn't game for that. I think i would be good doing NFP with a diaphragm while not fertile (in case of a diet or supplement change affecting my hormones unexpectedly again) and condoms while I am fertile, but i doubt hubby would go for that either.

We are pretty sure we are done, but young enough we aren't 100% ready for the big V. I'll probably getting a paraguard, but I definitely understand how having a plastic/copper device in your body would freak a person out. I've had one before (when we were first married/before kids) and it worked well without side effects, so that is hubby's preference. I won't touch hormones unless it is to KEEP a baby. Too many side effects for me.