Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: FFS rules - please read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
A note about premier/business Paypal accounts with paypal and the fees associated with them:

If you have a premier account with paypal you will get charged fees no matter what kind of payment is sent to you. So, in these cases if you have one and are offering items up for FFS then you must state in your post that you are asking buyers to pay the fees as follows: $total cost for shipping + 2.9% + $0.30 = New total for paypal payment.

If you are a buyer please know that it isn't fair to ask a seller to eat the fees and pay for some of the shipping. What happens is: you send a $2.59 payment to the seller. Paypal takes out 2.9% then another $0.30 leaving the balance for the seller $2.21. It costs the seller $2.59 to ship the item(s) and she only got $2.21 so she has to pay for $0.38 of the shipping.

As you can see the extra fees will only be $0.50 or less so it's not that big of a deal since you are getting the item(s) for free.

Thank you all for reading this.
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this and that I got a FFS payment to my PERSONAL account & was charged a fee as well. It worked out for me that the mama added the 40 cents anyway (maybe she knew about the fee being charged for everyone??), so it was not an issue for me, but it can be if people don't know to ask for it. PLUS, I noticed that PP changed the way they post the info for payment received. I didn't even know I was charged a fee until I clicked the link directly to get info about the payment I received. They used to have it listed right next to the payment received box on the account summary page. I think it is sneaky for them to make people have to hunt around to see if they were charged a fee or not. I would not have even known had I not specifically looked.

Anyway, just an FYI in addition to the thank you !