Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyb0411
Good news! The ENT doctor said he has a mild case of tongue tie and does not recommend surgery especially since he would have to be put under. If it causes problems when he starts solids or with speech she said to have it re-evaluated. Her own daughter had a similar case of tongue tie and she choose not to have it clipped. Then her youngest daughter had a more severe case and she had the surgrery done. I'm glad she has personal experience, not just with patients, because it makes me trust her opinion more. Thanks for everyones posts!
Interesting. Ds was 5mo when his was clipped (I wish we would've found it before then) and he wasnt "put under". They numbed the heck out of it and were super fast. I had him latched on in minutes and nursing was soooo much better. I cry just thinking about that first night afterward and how he literally for the first time drained both breasts and slept so sweetly. Then a few days later was playing with his tongue outside his mouth.
Glad your lo tie is very minor! What a relief!!!

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote