View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
MrsCrafty's Avatar
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,960
My Mood:
Originally Posted by MDever
I am not familiar with the term "county advocate" but if they work for the county I don't know how much help they would be. You can get a private advocate in most areas though. I have done IEP advocacy in the past and I would flat out tell them there will be NO detention. Should there possibly be another consequence? Maybe. The fact that this is a 6yo child with both medical and behavioral diagnosis who already has an IEP in place that they are not following Feel free to pm if I can help in any way.
Thanks for the reply. I'm pregnant, emotional, and have laryngitis so can barely talk so I need to have good clear thoughts when I go in so I don't start crying and not be able to talk at all
It's a very small school/district. We are very rural. I think they really don't have experience with kids with different needs. How would I find a private advocate? The ECSE teacher has been amazingly helpful, but he doesn't qualify for time with her anymore.
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote