View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
momof4's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 710
Re: child psychologist?

Good luck! I think you're off to a good start to talk to the pediatrician. You can also get good referrals from the special school where they might send him, and from your public school guidance counselor. I posted more of our story on the ADHD thread on this site; much of what you're going through, I've also experienced. PM me if you'd like more support and ideas. Meantime, if you like to read, try "Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach", by Howard Glasser. I think of everything that I read, this was most helpful.
Linda -- proud mom of Rachel (20), Joshua (15), Elisheva (7), and Moshe (3), and 2 wonderful grown stepdaughters.
momof4 is offline   Reply With Quote