View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: 5 weeks overdue and still not in labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
I believe it is possible. was born 33 days after I was due. Midnight the morning mom was supposed to be induced she went into labor. I was the only live baby my mom had naturally. Induced with my bros, super late me, late miscarriage at 20ish weeks, csection that I think came after induction at 39weeks for sis.

I know my body was showing the slightest signs of labor when I was due with my 2nd at 42 weeks. Irregular light contractions, no cervical change at all. My first babe was induced 40w4d, csection 40w6d, zero signs of labor. I think some of us just gestate longer. A mw we are considering said we would expect a 43 weeker and suggested some homeopathic remedies she would give me to try to make sure we had a baby by 43weeks. I am CERTAIN of my dates every time. I chart, have to have early meds not to miscarry, and have early dating u/s.

Eta: I know a girl in my town that just went to almost 44weeks before she gave in to an induction. Obviously I wasn't checking her cervix/temps/etc while she was ttc, lol, but early u/s are pretty common around here, so I'll take her word.
I totally get 40 weeks, I don't consider that abnormal at all or gestating "longer" given that humans are designed to gestate to 40 weeks.

But fortyFIVE weeks and still no signs of labor? Ehh....
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote