View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
CamilikinsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pain in one nipple after 15 months?

I've been nursing DS for 15 months, with no issues except one bout of mastitis early on. Since then everything has been pain-free. DS still doesn't sleep through the night even close, and I'm trying trying trying to wean him (but that's a whole 'nother story!). Anyway, for a few days now I've had some pretty intense pain in one nipple. When I'm nursing him on that side it's like I'm being sliced open. When I'm not, it's sort of has dull twinges of pain. I initially thought it was a latch problem, but now I'm not sure. He's had a couple painful latches that really left teeth marks on me, and I'm not seeing those now. Also, as far as I can tell, it doesn't LOOK any different from the other one. We've never dealt with thrush, but isn't there sort of a white rash associated with that? I'm not seeing that on me or in DS's mouth.

So what's going on with me? My body just seems to be screaming to be done nursing, but I don't want to have to quit cold turkey because of pain. I'd love some suggestions Thanks mamas!
CamilikinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote