View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Reassure me daycare is ok!

DD is a year old and for the last 9 months she's been going to our neighbor's house 3 days a wk and my mom keeps her the other 2 days. Well our sitter just told me this morning that starting mid-Aug she will no longer be able to keep DD because she's going to be working at the elementary school her kids attend. I get it....they really need the extra income. I'm not mad...I actually totally understand, but now I'm faced with trying to find another childcare option for DD.

DH and I both work FT outside the home. DH does have the option to go to "swing shift" which would be 2:30pm - 11:30pm. He could keep her during the day and I could watch her after I get off work, but then I would never see him. And I really don't think that would be all that great for our marriage.

In my mind I know she will be fine in a daycare, but I just hate the fact that after a year of the same thing I have to change her schedule and that she will be introduced to all new people. I just imagine her crying her eyes out and me having to leave anyway. I went to daycare as a child as I know tons of other kids do and they turn out great. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this. Maybe because I was totally caught off guard,,,,I don't know.

I guess I just need assurance that she will be ok and will adjust!
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote