View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reassure me daycare is ok!

I didn't read the other responses but this is coming from a person who did daycare for a long time. The only reason my girls were in daycare was because I was working there. And I've worked at many centers. I am not a fan of large group centers. The turnover rate for employees are high, the pay is low and most of the time classes are over ratio. Also, there is a lot of juggling kids around to make numbers work. For example, lets say that a few kids call in and the 2 year old class only has 7 kids. Normally there are 10, so the class needs two teachers (ratio is 6:1 for two year olds in Wisconsin). So the director decides to move the oldest child up to the 2.5 year old room so she can let a teacher go or put her somewhere else. No big deal right? Except now the 2.5 year old teacher is over in her numbers because a 2 year old brings the ratio down. Yeah, unfortunately this happens a lot. There are some very good teachers out there and some that are looking for an easy paycheck. They get tired, overworked, and a lot of times kids get brought in sick or teachers are sick. I would find in home child care for sure. I'm sorry if that isn't the answer you want but it's an honest one.