View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #187
pumpkins_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i just want to ask...why only when its medical?

To the OP, HUGS! Completely understandable why you went the FF route with your LO. I, for one, would like to see everyone at least attempt breastfeeding - and if it doesn't work out, okay. But I know that everyone has to make the choice for their family, and I would certainly never tell someone she made the wrong choice by FFing.

Hope ya'll don't mind if I inject a little humor into this discussion.
From the book "Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And other things I had to learn as a new mom"
Stopping breastfeeding is like getting out of your Columbia Record & Tape Club membership; there are sinister forces at work that don't want to let this happen.
All I can say is, when I sobbed to my pediatrician for the fourth time that I couldn't stop breastfeeding, because I didn't want to be a bad mom and let down my husband, my baby, and my country...he told me to stop. He reminded me that the most important thing is how the feeding affects your relationship with the baby. Well, let's just say that my baby and I were on the verge of needing counseling. As soon as I stopped breastfeeding, I started enjoying my baby at feeding time.
Whatever the reason, if you want to continue, then we support you. But if you want to stop, that's okay, too.