View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
Registered Users
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,191
Re: Well, it's official...

Originally Posted by EvaL View Post
I am not familiar with the agency you talk about... I don't have that in our state or any state I have lived in but wouldn't the heart doctor be able to write a letter to this agency explaining the issue with feeding and that it is medically necessary to treat?!
The supplemental state health program is part of a federal initiative called Title V. Here is some info about it. Every state has their own version. I'm in Alabama also and our state version is called Children's Rehabilitation Services. In Alabama the child has to have a qualifying medical condition and either be below family income limit or be a Medicaid recipient. When I lived in Florida their program was called Children's Medical Services.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote