Old 09-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #1
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help me not be a bad mommy!!!

*sighs* I've had a really rough couple of days. DS has just been super-fussy. And normally, nursing solves all. But lately he's been getting himself so worked up that he won't even nurse. And then I'm left wondering if it's a supply issue...

He already gets 2 oz of formula every feeding. This is the same amount he's been getting for probably 3 months (he'll be 6 months old on the 5th). I was hoping that my supply was compensating for the rest, but lately I feel like I should be upping his supplement. And then part of me thinks that he if won't nurse, I should just be giving him a bottle and be done with it.

He also started having 2 tbls of bananas at night Monday night. He had a bowl of rice cereal before that. Now when I make his nighttime bottles, I have the overwhelming urge to dump some cereal in it. What kind of mother am I??

I think I just need support...someone who understands, and I just don't have that ANYWHERE. The only person I know IRL that breastfeeds doesn't have supply issues, so she can't really understand what this is like for me. I hate it!!! You'd think after supplementing for almost 6 months, I'd be over it. But I'm not.

*ETA*
I don't need advice on upping my supply. I've done everything in the book and it just doesn't work for me. I'm just looking for support on my current situation.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote